2017 Year in Review
The last post of the year before I order my blog book (which is currently 39% off so I need to kick this out) is the Year in Review. It takes a bit because I link each post with more information so if you want to read more, click on the bold type and it will take you to the original post. I love looking back and much is the same with us Dorans- soccer, dance, running, music~
Here are the highlights (and a low-light) that we'll remember in 2017.
2. Z Enters Double Digits and Ali is a Teen- It was a year of big birthdays! I can't believe how fast our kids are growing but these milestone birthdays are always something to celebrate!!
3. The Year of Jeff- It was a great year for Jeff! I'd say his head is in a good place mostly due to Open Mic Nights (playing HIS music and covers with friends) and disc golfing (where he got a hole in one!!!).
I didn't blog about the hole in one until now (sorry Jeffy) but he and Dave go out ALL. THE. TIME. to disc golf (as long as they won't lose discs in snow!
4. A Big Year for Mary- Mary got married in April and had a baby boy in September! What a big year for her and we were glad to be able to celebrate these awesome things with her!
5. Vacations! We were blessed again to head to M.B. with the Drapals, Elk Rapids with ourselves and the Cosman Cabin in Waloon Lake! What a fun year it was to relax and recharge!
6. I started running!! Who would have thought that THIS would ever happen?? I'm actually signed up for a half marathon in 2018! Ran my first 5K in 2017 and even learned some lessons from running in the snow. I should mention Joe killed it in running too and did two miles in under 13:00 and Z ran his first (2) 5K races!
7. Scar!! Joe starred as Scar in his musical and was AMAZING!! We were so incredibly proud of him! I should also mention he started his own You Tube channel to share his art this year (but I'll probably post more about that in 2018 because I'm on a deadline here...).
8. Torin Lee- My cousin/sista delivered this cutie and though I met him over Skype I did get the honor of kissing on those adorable cheeks when they came to visit in December. I love this picture of he and my mama. I stole it off her facebook page!
9. First Chair!- We were so proud to learn that our girl got first chair in Viola! She is doing great. We love when she practices Harry Potter stuff because this also was the year she and Z inhaled the books!
10. Braces Off!- Oh my gosh!!! This may be my highlight because I never thought I'd see the day! Joe got his braces off!!! Yay!! He has a retainer but was thrilled to get those braces OFF!
11. And the low-light... Sadly, we said goodbye to my little parrotlet, Little Blue. I miss him terribly and still haven't put away his cage. I'm still deciding if more birds will be in the future for the Dorans (and Room 119). Time will tell...
When life is tough, it helps to reflect on all that is good and I have so very much to be thankful for.













Comments
Post a Comment
I love comments! Thanks for leaving one!