Poor Sweet Seany...
Nothing is more heartbreaking when one of your loves is sick... On Sunday, Sean was complaining that his cheek hurt. I kind of thought perhaps he had a canker sore or something but when he started crying pretty hard later in the evening, I knew it had to be something more. I went out and got some pain reliever (our kids are rarely sick so we didn't have anything on hand) and after he took it, he felt a little better.
We were looking at this blog together (specifically his birthdays) and we came across THIS video that I made of his 3rd birthday. We were watching it and I noticed he was crying. When I asked him if he was hurting again he said, "No mom. I just love you so much. I just love this whole family so so much." My heart was so full and I felt like crying too. He's such a sensitive, sweet kid. When we prayed that night for God to help him feel better, he added at the end a thank you for his brothers and sister and his family and how he's the luckiest boy out there.
He was up in the middle of the night again (2am) and so I got him more meds and knew we'd be going to the doctor in the morning. I slept with him in his bed and the next morning his cheek was swollen. I wondered if if was a tooth or something but when we went in, the doctor said he was the second sickest kid he had seen that day and he had an infected gland. Since he didn't have a fever he said he wouldn't need a shot but he wanted him to have a heavy duty antibiotic and he wanted to see him back in the office the next day.
Thankfully Nana was able to take him in and he was feeling much better in just a few days. He is still taking the medicine but the swelling has gone down and he's back to his old sweet self~ well the sweetness never left but I'm happy to report he's feeling healthy again!
Comments
Post a Comment
I love comments! Thanks for leaving one!