Elk Rapids (Day 4)


 My walk on our final day was cut short because of the weather. It looked like rain and it did spit a little. I got a call from Jeff right after I hit mile 3 asking if he wanted me to pick him up. I told him I wasn't made of sugar... (it was raining but it felt good) and then the heavens opened up and I told him he could come get me. I was bummed not to get in my full 4 miles, but oh well the wind was nutty!
 When I got home this is what I saw... Really? Only my kid would bring MY Halloween Costume on vacation and pair it with some pirate eye patches. The Goose cracks me up! We packed up and then figured we might as well leave since the weather was crummy.
We love #4 and are so grateful to have the opportunity to stay in such a great place. I don't take the blessings my parents have given us for granted! Thank you mom and dad for letting us stay in your place! When we win the lottery, we'll return the favor!
This was the first year we didn't do a day trip~ partly because... it's expensive and so are my kids. I'm hoping we'll have more saved next year to go somewhere. We did pretty well on the budget and I was proud of us. The other reason was our trip was shorter than our usual. We had to come home a day early because Jeff goes back to school (gulp). So this (last minute) get-away was just perfect! Nothing is better than memory-making! You can't put a price on that!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So tired...

Saying Goodbye...

It's the Honest Scrap!