Treadmill Time!!


Since the beginning of the year I have been addicted (still) to running and logging my miles in a journal that I got. This last week has not been a good week for running and that has been insanely frustrating!
Last Sunday I ran five miles and felt great but hanging later (just watching a movie) with the Cosmans, my knee buckled and really started to hurt. I took off Monday (running) and then Tuesday. It hurt just walking and I thought maybe I should get a brace or something...
So I got a brace on Wednesday on my way home from school, strapped them on and went for a run. My knee wasn't too bad but I was leaping over ice, sludge, crusty snow and big puddles. It was a mess. I knew the next day my knees would hurt again and they did. And that's when we got serious about the thought of a treadmill.
So Friday after work (roads were AWFUL) Jeff put the seats down in the van and we were off. We ended up getting a treadmill (half off) from Dick's. We were able to take it right then and assemble it ourselves (which was good because I really didn't want to go any longer without running).
I texted the guys in our neighborhood to see if they could help and they were in our driveway before we even got home. I didn't think the assembly was too bad but the last 4 screws were getting the better of us and Jeff had to take a break. Dave (who was sick) and I finished up those last few screws and I was SO EXCITED!!!
The next morning I had to be at TDS at 8:30. I got up early though and headed to the basement. Treadmill running certainly isn't as fun as being outside but it felt so good to be running again and I knew that I wasn't damaging my knees anymore. So far I've run 3 1/2 miles both Saturday and Sunday (today is Sunday). It's boring but I have the TV and I love that I'm logging the miles again in my journal! YEAH!!! (but it's OK to still melt snow... this mama wants to get back outside)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So tired...

Saying Goodbye...

It's the Honest Scrap!