Well~ she made it to 99!
So I had mentioned what an AWESOME time I had last time I visited my Nan. Her birthday was not the same experience. This post is proof that pictures can portray a total different reality. She was tired and sleepy. She knew that August 6th was her birthday but not much else. When I asked her if she knew what May 31st was (my mom AND her brother's birthdays) she looked at me and said, "It's your birthday." When I asked her about Christmas Eve (my birthday) she had nothing... She was just so tired but you never know what you're going to get when you get there. I was sad because I was hoping to see her like I had the other day. Still~ I love that we got her to smile- to somewhat capture what this woman once was~ if only in a picture. I'm sad for my mom because I can only begin to imagine how hard it is for her and I pray that this awful disease (dementia) does not find anyone else I know. While this new reality has no doubt overshadowed the woman she once was for my children~ I won't ever forget. I'll be the memory keeper for as long as I am able. Happy Birthday, Nana! I hope that this year brings you happy moments and smiles and perhaps a tucked away memory you'd forgotten.



 |
| The Great Grandchildren! Maddy was at a friend's party so didn't make it. |
 |
| Just because this is a cute picture of these cousins! |
Comments
Post a Comment
I love comments! Thanks for leaving one!