Elk Rapids (Night 1)



We were so excited to get to Elk Rapids!! We didn't do our usual (head to the store and unpack first thing)~ instead we walked downtown to the Town Club for some yummy grub. Jeff and I split the nachos and Pita Chips (OMG!!!) and it was delicious. Our kids are getting older though- the bills to eat out are costing a bit more. Thank goodness they can't drink yet!
It was fun just being together. I love the Town Club! It's small and perfect (sadly it's also where we were when we found out Robin Williams died and I always think about it when we're there). Elk Rapids is just such a great little town. Al took some selfies while we waited for the bill and then I took one of them with the bear!

 My folks' place looks awesome! They got rid of the carpet, did work in the bathroom and gave the bedrooms a facelift too. My only regret was that we couldn't stay longer. After dinner we didn't even unpack- got on those suits and headed to the lake!
Jeff and I stayed on shore and enjoyed a beverage while the kiddos swam! Of course Al did some dancing at sunset which was just beautiful! My phone sure takes good pics!

After the lake, the kids wanted to go in the "hot tub" which is really just the jacuzzi tub. We got a good laugh because Joe just loves looking at himself!
Jeff grabbed some groceries and then played a little Pac-Man (a gift from Dave) and then Seany got out his books. He read to me Dogman Unleashed (actually a really cute book). Love that that boy loves to read!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So tired...

Saying Goodbye...

It's the Honest Scrap!