The End of Another School Year
I love that this year my FIRST first grader (Michelle) graduated and was our building sub! She is going to be headed to AZ for her first teaching job and I'm so proud of her! I still can't believe that I taught one of my friends so many moons ago!
And THIS group is going to be off to middle school. This was my first group when I went back to first grade. I was terrified and they (and their parents) made my transition so easy. I'm going to miss seeing them around the halls. I'm hoping that some of them will keep in touch with me like Michelle did! They grew a bit! One of the joys of being a first grade teacher is you are GUARANTEED to be taller than your students (even at my height).
As I type this, my room is closed up. I've already been doing some planning with the new math but I'm trying to take a bit of a break and haven't bought too much for next year (though yes... I've bought some things already).
This is a picture of my 'brag board.' Whenever I've gotten a nice letter from a parent- a truly heart-felt type thing- or coworker I've pinned it up to this board. It's great for when you're having a bad day or wondering why you went into a profession that can be so draining at times.
The cool thing is I'm going to be adding some new notes up there! I erased the family names on the blog just because it seemed the right thing to do, but I don't erase names on my board! ;-)
I'm going to miss this crazy group of kids


Sounds like a perfect year and how awesome to receive so many notes of thankfulness!
ReplyDelete