Auntie Laura gets to Babysit!!!!
He is seriously one of the happiest babies I have ever seen! The only time he cried for me was when I put him in his Bumbo seat to give him some cereal. He ate about four bites and since he was not happy, we stopped and I gave him a bottle... he was MUCH happier!
It was threatening rain all day so we didn't go for a walk (like I had hoped we may be able to) but we did have fun indoors. We exercised (I had him pull himself up on my hands to standing... exercised his legs...), we played with toys, danced and sang and of course read lots of books. I opted for the waterproof variety since sometimes they double as a snack!
I taught him some new vocabulary words (look at that concentration) and how text goes from left to right and how to use picture cues to help solve unknown words! He's so lucky to have an Auntie as a teacher (and a mom too of course...).
I picked out books about spot the dog (since I was telling him all about Marty and I felt he should learn more about dogs). After his lunch bottle and some playing we settled in to read another spot book...
And although he tried REALLY hard to keep his eyes open as I read...
He fell asleep! We sat like that for quite a while and I just enjoyed having him in my arms and smelling his baby head (such a great smell)! I gave his mom and dad (mostly mom) updates throughout the day and I think I passed! I can't wait to babysit this little guy again. He came over today for a quick visit and he still loves me! I told Jodi and Randy that they don't know how good they have it... most babies are NOT this easy! I think they should have another though just so we can be sure! ;-)





He is so precious and how wonderful that you got to spend time with him.
ReplyDelete