Fireworks at the Lake!



The firework show at my parents' lake was postponed a day because Saturday (when they were supposed to go off) was rainy and windy. I'm glad because while we've had a mild summer, the kids were able to get in the lake and play.
 The kids had their cousins there and my friend Nan (that I mentioned in my last post) and her husband (my favorite drummer) and son came too (these are her pictures again). Some friends couldn't come because of the date change.  The kids were bummed I didn't let them invite their friends this year but my brother had a couple friends too.  They survivied though.  I'm glad they love their cousins (and of course Ryan too)!
I was very excited to see THIS little guy!  Jack Paul was all dressed up and ready to celebrate the fourth! He remains such a happy baby!  My folks were glad to see him and he liked hanging out down by the lake on the swing!
They didn't stay for fireworks but did stay for some yummy food. When it got darker, we got on warmer gear to watch the show. Danny's kids still get nervous about the sound so wear headphones.  His friends' kids had some too so maybe that's what they do now...  I can't even remember if fireworks bugged my kids.
The kids and most of the adults headed out on the pontoon! Sean stayed back with me because he's a HUGE mama's boy.  After about ten minutes or so, I heard Steph scream that we needed to come get them because the boat broke down!
Jeff and I headed to the paddle boat and were out to get them.  We found out that they didn't have a rope so paddled backward (so we could watch the show) to get the rope and then back out again. The kids were excited to see "The Rescue Squad" but then the boat started! So Jeff and I paddled backward again and enjoyed the show. To tell you the truth, it was a BEAUTIFUL way to take in the show!  Here are some of Nan's MANY amazing shots of the show!


Comments

  1. How wonderful that you have such a great place to enjoy in the summer and so awesome for the kids. They will always remember these times. Jack Paul is so darn cute!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for leaving one!

Popular posts from this blog

So tired...

Saying Goodbye...

It's the Honest Scrap!