5th Grade Fun at the Wave Pool!


As a final field trip/fun day for the fifth graders, they went to the wave pool!  They went on the last Friday of school which was a bummer for me because I couldn't go.  Thankfully my AMAZING mama went and snapped some pics.  She so amazing because it DID rain for a bit!  Still she stayed so that I could get a glimpse into the fun they were having!  I have no idea why my boy kept his shirt on during the trip but it did make him easier to find...
Joe said it was AWESOME and, next to the play, it was the best thing about fifth grade.  He said there was this GIANT slide ("like 50 feet in the air") and that he wasn't sure at first but his friends said, "Come on Joe, you can do it!" so he went up all the flights of stairs and as he went up the ground got smaller and smaller... (it's fun to hear his take on it- the boy is a story- teller!)
He was spun around in his tube and it was AWESOME!!  My mom got some video of the kids in the wave pool and said it was really cool. All the kids were in their tubes and they joined up so that they were all holding on to each other and when the waves came they were all there just having fun!  We'll defin
As for Ali, at the moment she is SO upset because she heard that they won't be able to go next year because all field trips must be "educational."  I told her that if that is the truth perhaps she could write something out and speak to the board- or... they could do a senior skip sort of thing.  I think the 5th graders deserve a fun trip at the end of their elementary years!  Yup... this teacher just said that! Take that edukashun!!!




Comments

  1. Looks like he had a great time. Yes Ali should write something about it. Growing up our 8th grade class would take the train to Springfield, IL and visit Lincoln's home. My brother did it and my sister did it, I was the baby in the family. The year before I was in 8th grade the class who went on the trip did some terrible things and ever since than it was cancelled. I know exactly how Ali feels :(

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for leaving one!

Popular posts from this blog

So tired...

Saying Goodbye...

It's the Honest Scrap!