Snow Day (Day Two- hot glue and cookies... not together)


Well, we had snow day number two today! Thankfully the kids get along really well and even wanted to dress in the same shirts (Well- Sean didn't really care, but his sibs did). They play together so well that I was also able to get a lot of other things done during the day. Truth be told, I am hoping that tomorrow school is on. I have too much to do with my other first graders before the break and today gave me time to get organized!
I decided to again do the flower pen gift that I did before for the kids teachers. I made some for myself and I love them. They look nice on the counter at our house and at school I never lose a pen and no one ever takes my pen. I hope the teachers will like them. I have perfected my game using better floral tape and a little hot glue to keep everything together.
I went a little crazy with the hot glue gun and decided to also add a little ribbon at the tops of the flower pots this year- just to add a little something. I got some deals on poinsettia flowers at Michael's and have quite a few pens now... (maybe everyone I know will get a pen...)
Over the summer, Michael's had a bunch of their fake flowers on sale so I went really crazy. Last night, while waiting for the 'phone call' (for school to be called) I made 64 more pens!! (My phone call didn't come until 5:30 this morning...) I love the way the pens turned out and think- bonus- I have the end of the year gifts already done! Poinsettias during the holidays and spring flowers at the end of the year (And do you like the cute polk-a-dot ribbon on those pots? Maybe I need to start selling these puppies like I did my piggy banks...)
Since I was feeling a little crafty and domestic, I decided to make some more cookies. These were fun and easy and took no time! This is all you have to do... melt a stick of butter and four cups of mini marshmallow. Then add green food coloring. Stir in frosted flakes. Mold them into wreaths on greased wax paper. Add skittles, M & Ms or whatever. Wait to cool. Transfer to greased plate. They were super easy, took literally no time and the kids ate them up and dug their new look!

Comments

  1. So glad you were able to be so productive on snow day #2! Loving all your pens! Super cute! Aren't fake flowers addictive? I have a new arrangement on my mantel :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great snow day. The M&M's shirts look so cute on them. The pens are a great gift and you did an awesome job. My daughter (29) was just asking me to make those wreaths. I said no. (bad mom) She can make them herself and has in the past! So I am now thinking that I better go get the supplies to make them :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like those flower pens you make! How nifty!!

    And isn't that just too adorable that they all have m&m shirts on!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Where are those M&M shirts from?!?! TOO CUTE!!! I love you my crazy flower making friend :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for leaving one!

Popular posts from this blog

So tired...

Saying Goodbye...

It's the Honest Scrap!