Snow Day


Yesterday it started to snow... and snow... and snow... Joe was out almost immediately making a snowman, but soon it got too cold and the snow was no longer packing well. That didn't stop my boys, they then started shoveling! And there was a lot of shoveling going on yesterday. The way things were looking, we thought that perhaps we may get a snow day. When it was time for bed, we dressed in inside-out pajamas, threw some ice-cubes down the toilet, spun around three times and chanted "We want a snow day!" three times!
I went to check on my sleeping babes before going to bed in my own inside-out pajamas, and saw the cutest thing. Though I had left the boys sleeping in their own rooms, Zach had snuck into bed with Joe. Now we don't allow sleep-overs on school nights, but then again, perhaps they knew that their dreams were going to come true in the morning...
When we woke up, the snow had finally stopped and it was absolutely beautiful outside! Both Jeff and I got our calls in the morning that school was cancelled and we all went back to bed (that is except our early riser Sean... Someone needs to let him know that kids shouldn't wake up at six... EVER!). I did venture out for some things I needed to get for my kids at school and some ingredients to make cookies. The roads were horrible and everyone was going very slow. I did get up to 25 mph at one point...
When I got back, Ali Jane and I got to work making the cookies. Yesterday, I had actually started making sugar cookies for her to bring into school for her birthday treat, but the boys couldn't resist them so I let them have a few. My parents came over last night for a bit (they lost power for a while) and my dad also had some. Today we had about 2 dozen left (not enough for a class set) so we got busy decorating them for US!
I found this very cute recipe on-line and we made these adorable melted snowmen! To decorate them, we used an orange sprinkle for the nose and I piped some eyes (I also piped arms on some of the snowmen but didn't really like the way they turned out... I may use pretzels next time...). Ali Jane added some mini M & Ms for the buttons. For the first time making them, I think they turned out so cute!
I don't have much of a sweet-tooth, but everyone loved them and nothing goes better with cookies than a little milk. This recipe will no doubt be one that I use again. Who knows, if the roads stay horrible maybe we'll make some different cookies tomorrow... (Time to get some ice cubes and inside out pajamas!)

Comments

  1. I saw those cookies somewhere today and thought they were just adorable. I love you snow sign. So inside out PJ's and ice cubes down the toilet, I haven't heard of that one.
    Sounds like you had a fun day and I love all the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the snow day rituals and snowmen cookies! Sooooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for snow days! :) And those snowmen cookies are totally adorable and they look delicious!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for leaving one!

Popular posts from this blog

So tired...

Saying Goodbye...

It's the Honest Scrap!