
It is great getting together with friends over the holidays! The girls above are some of my favorite friends. We met at the support group meetings I have been going to for the last 7 years! Other than our friend Donna (who was one of the amazing nurses at our hospital) we have all lost children. After losing a child this group has gone on to have 21 living children (a few of them are actually pregnant in this picture)!

My friend Mary, (left) is an amazing person and organizes this little get-together every Christmas. We all go out for dinner and drinks and bring a Christmas ornament to exchange. She also organizes coffee/tea and dinner dates throughout the year! Most of the girls don't go to meetings every month anymore, but we still remain in each other's lives. Donna (center) is one of my favorite nurses (and was there when Sean was born). She is now working for a children's hospice group. She is an amazing person and I am so glad she waited until AFTER Sean was born to go on to this next calling.

When I first started going to support group meetings these ladies, (and my friend Lynn who now lives in Tennessee) were the girls who kept me going from day to day! For a long time, we went to meetings and helped each other through. It is hard to believe that we have been friends for 6-7 years, but while some friendships last a season, I know these gals are friends for a lifetime!
Friends for a lifetime for sure!!!
ReplyDeleteOH, yeah, you girls are stuck with me for a lifetime!! Love all of you so much! Such special friendships we share. Don't know what I would do -- or would have done -- without you. HUGS! and lots of LOVE!
ReplyDeleteI am so happy you have them in your life. It is very sad that the circumstances in meeting them was because of precious children passing away. ((HUGS)) God is good and brought all of you together letting you lean on each other for comfort.
ReplyDeleteLove you, love you, love you guys! Absolutely forever, I would not have survived without all of you!
ReplyDelete