Smart Start!
First we took his picture. I was glad that this was not my first go with registration. We got through things really quickly (at least it felt that way).
Z opened his locker on his first try and was cool as a cucumber- not even wanting to try it a second time. I got a couple locks from the dollar store the day before and he taught himself how to do it, so it was a snap for him.
That "one" he's holding up in the picture stood for "first try"- he didn't want to open it again but I had him do it a second time for good measure. We walked his schedule once and he was good and ready to leave.
We ran into his friend, Matthew. They have every class together except for one which is wild! Neither of the Bigs were ever so lucky but Z~ true to form~ didn't seem to care one way or the other- he's super chill about middle school- more so than any of us!
We did find Al and she got her picture (which I LOVED). It was a hot day and she was exhausted but you wouldn't know it by the picture. She got her locker open right away (I'd hope) but true to Ali form wanted to do it a few times. My middles are so different!
After she opened her locker, Z jumped in. I'm going to have to remember this picture. I can't believe how much Joey changed in three short years- Z too won't be quite this short when he leaves the school! I can't wait to see how he grows (in so many ways) through his middle school years.
After we were done (and the girls were done working), I took the kids to Subway where we met up with Scott and had a nice lunch. I can't believe this is Ali's last year in middle school! I'm so excited for her and all the opportunities she is going to have. It's going to be a GREAT YEAR!
Comments
Post a Comment
I love comments! Thanks for leaving one!