Mother's Day!


We started out Mother's Day by going to church. We left our old church last fall because it just didn't feel like home anymore and we've struggled a bit with that until we finally really felt it was time to leave. We met with our Pastor (who I really do miss) and it was hard. While it was good being back for Mother's Day and seeing familiar faces, it reminded me that we are where we need to be at this time.
After church, we headed over to Great-Nan's. Dad dropped Al and I off and we met Nana and Papa and went in to see her. She is not well. It breaks my heart to see her and I think about how cruel dementia is. She was sleeping when we arrived and when we were able to wake her she wasn't really there. My prayer is that when she sleeps she remembers. We let her sleep and held her hand. Papa thought we should try for our four generations picture but we agreed that if it was us, we wouldn't want our picture taken like that so we opted to take a picture of our hands. I should say the woman still has amazing skin and not a wrinkle. I think I have more! She'll be 100 in August!!!
Chef Jeff (Dad) did a great job with the meal. He grilled steaks and the yummiest potatoes and veggies ever! Wow am I blessed to have him. If it weren't for him I wouldn't be celebrating this day (or eating so well).
The kids started out kind of moody and cranky but as the day went on things got right with the world and we all enjoyed each other's company. Uncle Dan, Auntie Steph and the kids came to the lake too which of course means the boys (dogs) were there too.  I noted this was the first Mother's Day I didn't cry. Of course I thought about Andrew and E a lot but felt a tremendous peace. Like yes- they are my kids. They are here. All is well. And it is.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So tired...

Saying Goodbye...

It's the Honest Scrap!