Spring Break Day 7 (last full day...)


Wow! We blinked and the week went by! What an amazing week we had! The weather was amazing as was the company. I ran every day. My dad ran with me every day but Wednesday. We did 5 or 6 miles every morning and it was a perfect way to start our day!
We spent the last day on the beach. I took the girls down to a part of the beach where there weren't many people and we did Al's dance pictures (I'll do that in a separate post next) and then we just hung out with everyone else soaking up the sun!
Joe still is a big castle builder. I don't know why we always forget to bring buckets and shovels and things. Maybe one day we'll remember. Still our creative kid made something pretty cool!

This was the first vacay in a while where we haven't celebrated our anniversary here (it is tomorrow). No doubt we reflected on the last 17 years and all the blessings we've had. It's easy to reflect when you're so relaxed!

For dinner we went to Joe's Crab shack across the street again. Some of us got crab legs so got the funny bibs! Al got some too but she wasn't a fan. We decided we need Nana to make her some so they stay nice and warm. It was a bit chilly out on the deck and they cool fast.



After dinner the younger Drapals took all the kids (minus Joe) Putt-putt golfing. Usually a tradition but we decided to gas up the car and start packing up. I'm so glad they got this time with their Auntie and Uncle. They had a great time!
Z got a hole-in-one and I also learned that Seany escaped the group for a bit and went wandering off on a waterfall! Oh my gosh! I guess Auntie Steph gave him a stern warning to get back down. Maddy later told him he got "roasted" by her mom. These kids are hilarious! I'm so grateful for the time we've had together this week to relax and just enjoy each other. Looking forward already to next year!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So tired...

Saying Goodbye...

It's the Honest Scrap!