Almost Time... Run Forest (or not)
I can't believe that I'll be running a half marathon NEXT MONTH!!
Last weekend, I went to a nearby park with Jeff (he went disc golfing) so I could get a long run in. I was thinking I'd do 10 but then I thought, nope! I'm going to go for a half and do the 13.1 to KNOW I could do it.
Well... I failed! Big time!!!
It was like I was Forest Gump- when he is running forever and then all of a sudden he just stops...
THAT WAS ME!!!
I was at 9.18 miles and I just stopped and said, I can't do this anymore.
I wasn't breathing heavy- didn't have a cramp- I just couldn't do it.
I stopped and walked back and got some water. I was super thirsty.
I don't eat or drink before I run (I SHOULD probably drink a little before I run). I had a bit of a panic that this would happen again so I decided I NEEDED to get in a ten mile run the next weekend and read somewhere that these chews they make help you if you don't want to eat before a run.
Of course I am in full-on-busy-mode- we had soccer games, birthday parties and a dance competition but this time I was going to do it and I DID!
I woke up on early on Saturday and ran! I ran the first mile and then did the run a mile, walk a tenth thing and I felt GREAT! I ate some chews for energy before my run and at mile 8 thinking that maybe the weekend before I just ran out of gas. It really did help. I stopped at ten so I could get Al to dance but otherwise I think I could have done it. I want to get in a couple more long runs but I'm starting to think that maybe this could happen. Weird to be nervous- I have no expectations- goal is just to finish!
Comments
Post a Comment
I love comments! Thanks for leaving one!