Fiddler on the Roof


Words cannot describe how proud I am of Joe for being in his school's musical, "Fiddler on the Roof." At first he was not going to be able to do it because he was running Cross Country, but I think there was such a need for boys they asked him to do it and he was all-in from his first rehearsal!
He played a son in the famous "Tradition" song and in the rest of the play he was a Russian Solider. He had practices every day after school and it was so fun hearing him sing the songs and practice his ONE line!
We are big fans of the musical and were so impressed with how well the kids did! I think Joe had as much fun off the stage as he did on!  He made a lot of friends and I heard all about the back-stage fun too!
 He had four shows in total!  One on Thursday, one on Friday and two on Saturday.  Jodi and I went on opening night and I also went on the final night (after Santa's Cabin).
 It was fun watching Joe.  We reminded him that his number one priority is still school and after that first performance he got home after 9 and got right to work on his homework (without being asked).  This could be great for Joe!
That final night (as I mentioned) we all went to see him.  It was our family, the Drapal cousins, Nana and Papa. Grandma even drove down all the way from Saginaw!! We were excited that even Auntie Barbara and Uncle Gary came too- and we didn't even tell them about it!! Sadly, I didn't get pictures of everyone like I should have!
Joe did come out to see his fan club though he did wipe off some of his (gulp) make-up.  Joe was not happy about the make-up part but seemed better when I told him EVERYONE in any movie he's ever seen has been wearing make-up!
The kids were excited and we went out to eat after the show (and then after dinner Jeff and I had a party to go to... it was a long day).  After dinner, the kids got to eat one of Grandma's amazing cakes that she made for the occasion. She baked a prize in the cake which Ali had in her piece, meaning she got the bigger prize (that yummy Santa beard).  I'm so excited to see the next show.  I think Joe will be on that stage again! You can see a video of his experience by clicking HERE.


Comments

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for leaving one!

Popular posts from this blog

So tired...

Saying Goodbye...

It's the Honest Scrap!