Christmas in Commerce
The kids enjoyed opening presents and giving presents to each other (all from the Dollar Store, of course). This picture was obviously NOT from the Dollar store but was a cute one of Al and Maddy so I put it in here. The kids all played together with their new toys and had a great time.
I got Danny some random gag type gifts which were not cheap but they made me laugh... A giant Star Wars Pez thing (since I remember days when we were young playing Star Wars) and this Hulk Hat that lifts up his hands. Danny was VERY afraid of the Hulk when we were little.
The Drapals left and we enjoyed our time together playing with gifts and then having a delicious dinner. My Aunt Barb and Uncle Gary also came (and my folks let us go back and get Marty which was nice).
After dinner, Zach, my parents and I went over to see my Nan. Her memory has really gotten bad which is why we don't really take her anywhere anymore. It's been terribly hard and it's hard for her, too I know because sometimes she doesn't know who we are.
This was a good day though~ a Christmas Blessing! She did well opening her presents and liked everything and even smiled for some pictures and laughed a bit. Her hearing is getting bad too, but she doesn't like it if we even suggest hearing aids (which is too bad). I think to lose some hearing at 97 1/2 is very natural. I am so glad we went over there though. She's still amazing to me! Merry Christmas!




Comments
Post a Comment
I love comments! Thanks for leaving one!