Trimming the Tree!


As soon as Thanksgiving was over, it was time to get ready for Christmas!  I decorated my tree and when it was night and the jammies were on, it was the kids turn to decorate the family-room tree.
 They put on the ornaments and on January 1st, I take them down.  I asked them to put all the wrappings back in the ornament boxes that they were pulled from, but I honestly don't know if they listened.  They had so much fun and the room was a flurry of activity.
 They all reminisced about different ornaments and I was surprised how they remembered whose was whose and what the occasion was- why they got (or made) them.  They would even pull them out and give them to the correct 'owner' so he or she could put them on the tree.
 Sean even talked about how he used to put the boxes in the tree (that was so funny).  He was in awe of the tree and I loved catching him in quiet moments like this one.  Jeff and I just sat back and cuddled and watched as they worked sipping some hot adult beverages and whispered about how blessed we were.

Of course there was dancing (Christmas music obviously playing in the background)...


And excitement which often ignited spontaneous hugs and love.


It's the kind of night and feeling you want to bottle up and remember or if you're like me, snap a few pictures so you can blog about it...


Sean wasn't as keen on posing for a pic for me, but what else is new with that one...

 I always decorate a tree too!  I do the one in the living room in all reds and golds with white lights.  I love it.  I'm really playing catch-up with my December blog posts- and as I write this, I have already wrapped much of the extended family's gifts.  They are under this tree wrapped in reds and golds so it looks great.  The family-room tree is bare.  Santa brings up our gifts and they all get placed under the tree by him on Christmas Eve.
I also really love the mantle this year.  These are the pictures that I, Ali and Joey did last year (pictured left to right in that order- which is why this sentence is grammatically incorrect and sounds funny).  It makes me happy and is the perfect addition to the room that Santa will visit!  I can't wait!!

Comments

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for leaving one!

Popular posts from this blog

So tired...

Saying Goodbye...

It's the Honest Scrap!