The Makings of the Christmas Card


Ahhh... The Makings of the Doran Family Christmas Card!
It's become tradition now for us to throw on a white shirt and have my mom snap a few pics (Thanks Mom!).  I pretty much have learned over the years that if I have low (or no) expectation, things usually work out OK.  I will admit, I was a bit sad not having our Cobi with us this year... But we did get a few with the other Doran members... Pele', Morty the Torty and Little Blue.


These pictures happened in about five minutes- after dinner, before dance.  It was a busy day and I recall not getting home from all my 'happenings' until 11... Glad we got them though.  I love checking things off my list!


I was shocked we were able to get some shots with the non-human Dorans!


That is until Morty started pooping like crazy.  There was a towel under Z in case this happened- but clearly Doran Family Christmas pictures are stressful when you're new to them (I think I felt that way the first few years too). ;-)


With that mess, I ran Morty upstairs and passed Little Blue to Jeff.  This is huge because he HATES the bird (well... maybe that's too strong a word).  Little Blue REALLY loves me and Z.  He is fine with the others, but only Z and I can take him out of his cage.


While we were waiting for Blue to be put away we got a quick picture of the three of us.  Once upon a time it was just the three of us.  I was a bit sad wondering if this will be Pele's last Christmas card.  Yes- I am morbid like that.  He'll be 14 in April!



Al doing a split- but I feel like this could be in one of those "Awkward Family Photos" or something... How we all adore the only princess in the family!  There is a reason God only gave us one (tee hee).


I love my family and we sure do have fun!  Every day is an adventure and like our Family pictures, you never know how things will turn out~ but in the end it always works!


And here it is!!! Since the text is really small, it says:
Blessings in 2015-
Jeff (39), Laura (38 until Christmas Eve), Joey, (11), Ali Jane (9), Zach (7), Sean (5), Pele' (13), Mortoise the Tortoise (2) and Little Blue (6 mos).
Not Pictured: Our School of Fishies!

Merry Christmas!

Comments

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for leaving one!

Popular posts from this blog

So tired...

Saying Goodbye...

It's the Honest Scrap!