The Drive...


Yesterday we said goodbye to our pups and tort (who have a wonderful sitter staying with them), packed up the van, piled in and were off to make new adventures in Tennessee!  Before we headed out, we ran through a car wash (that's poor Sean pictured below in it, he was petrified).

The traffic coming here was AWFUL!! Of course we always hate Ohio, but this was worse than usual!  WAY worse!  It took us over 12 hours to get here (way more than it should have), and because of that, we had to cancel a visit with my dear friend Lynn and her family!  As it was we only stopped twice (to gas up and hit the bathrooms... we ate on the road).  

At one point in Kentucky, we were at a standstill for at least 20 minutes (I mean, turn off your car stand-still)!  I have an app on my phone (Waze) which works as a GPS and also will alert you to traffic and things of that nature... People were posting, "GET OFF NOW!"  "Exit if you can!" and that paired with people going reverse off an on-ramp, let us know that we were in trouble.  Sean was miserable and kept crying that he was "stuck" and needed to get his seat belt off!  At that point I think that we were all feeling that way, but because none of us are three, we couldn't verbalize it at the level Sean did... And did he verbalize it... sigh...

The maddening thing was that the entire back-up was due to a family sitting on the side of the road with their luggage and a police officer.  I'm not sure if they had a wreck and were waiting for someone to get them but there was no car in sight and it seemed to be all a gawker delay. EHHHH!!!

I took the last stretch in and by then my contacts felt dried out and I was squinting in hopes to just follow the yellow lines on the road.  When we finally arrived we were all so thrilled!  Sean (who didn't sleep in the car), got his pajamas on and told us he was going to bed~ after a drive like that we all decided he was right and joined him!


Comments

  1. Not a fun ride at all!!! I hate when it seems to be just gawkers and the fact that you had to cancel seeing your friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know!! Thankfully she was able to come out and see us today!!! We had such a wonderful day! I met her (almost) 10 years ago because we lost our babes the same week. Life-long friends! <3

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for leaving one!

Popular posts from this blog

So tired...

Saying Goodbye...

It's the Honest Scrap!