Date Night with the Drapals
We ended up going to the Detroit Brewing Company for dinner and drinks before the show (and because we didn't care about the opening act). When the boys took off their coats, we had a good laugh because they were wearing the EXACT same shirts! Dinner was fun and we were so thankful that we didn't have kids with us to worry about. I felt so young to be without kids (though not young enough to get carded...).
After diner, we hopped on the People Mover to get to the Joe. We all got our coins but laughed because when Jeff put his in, the turnstile didn't go. He finally just jumped it (we assured him the camera got a picture of him purchasing his coin and dropping it in). The People Mover was pretty empty when we got on. At the next stop, a few people got on and one happened to be the brother of one of my former first graders (she's 21 now)!! What a small world it can be!
The concert was GREAT! Steph and I had fun people watching before the show started. The music was amazing and the stage show was awesome. On the way back to the car, Steph and I had to go to the bathroom so we split from the boys and as we were walking I slipped on some black ice and landed square on my tailbone. To say it hurt seems an understatement. Although it was nearly midnight we were planning on hanging out a bit longer, but my back pretty much put an end to the night. Today (the next day), I have been in a lot of pain and have been popping some pills. I'm hoping that tomorrow it feels a bit better. Even with my (not so graceful) ending to the night it was a fabulous time. We are definitely going to have to hang out more often! I put some extra pictures together in a video (and some video footage from the concert).


So sorry about your fall but your evening sounds like it was perfect and a lot of fun!
ReplyDeleteGlad you got to have a date night.
Yes! Other than the fall it was wonderful!!! The only problem is that it is still hurting so no Zumba for me... I am managing the treadmill though and starting to work my way up to my old pace... It still hurts though and it's been a week! :-P
Delete