Day 1: Swimming, Hunting, Shopping & Eggs


I slept so wonderful last night... I think being out of that car and having no more worries was just what the doctor ordered.  We didn't have much planned for the day and decided to go with the flow~ which is how vacations should be!  My mom and I headed to the gym in the morning and once we got back the kids headed to the pool (all but Sean because Jeff had to get swim diapers... after yesterday's drive we decided it's not too bad that he doesn't have potty-power at the moment).  The kids had a blast swimming and it wasn't too bad keeping Seany occupied back home.
 After lunch, there was an Easter Egg Hunt.  Things were going great until Sean decided that he didn't want to go on the hunt and instead wanted to swim (of course the hunt took place right during nap time).  Thank God for green balloons because once he had one tied to his bucket, he was good to go.  He did a good job getting eggs but preferred the blue and yellow ones (I guess Michigan is in his blood too).
The Bigs had fun too and we decided to try to snap a quick family pick.  Thank goodness we got the one above because as you've probably noticed from my last few posts, one of my kids has a mind of his own...
After the hunt, we went back to the clubhouse and saw the Easter Bunny.  This time the bunny wasn't too scary (as in year's past) but you could also totally tell it was a girl in a costume.  Sean still wasn't too sure of it and either was Joe.  He said, "Mom, aren't I a bit too old for this?"  When I told him to get in the picture though, he did (and was thankful for the added treat he got from the bunny!).  At the end of the day, Joe is a total mama's boy, which this mama loves!

When we got home, Sean went to bed and the middles, my mom and I went off to downtown Gatlinburg to get Al some flip-flops (she had outgrown her old pair) and me a dress (I brought a short one that I realized would look horrid with my pasty, white legs).  The traffic was AWFUL again and everyone seemed to be downtown!  Thankfully my mom is a great parallel parker!  We got everything we set out for (and my dress only cost 20 bucks!).
 Our original plan of hitting a brewery and watching some basketball was out of the question... there was no way we were going to score a table for 8!  So instead, we got some pizza and watched at home (and the kids found Wizard of Oz on a TV which was also fun to watch as they recalled that Halloween we all dressed up as characters from Oz).  We have two kitchens and living areas here so we were able to go between basketball and Oz.
After baths, it was time to dye some eggs!  I seem to remember egg dying going super fast last year but this year it lasted a long time... I think Sean only stayed with his one egg and even the other three seemed to have patience to wait for the color to be just right.  Seany kept talking about the eggs hatching and REALLY wanted to sleep with one which was funny at first, but thankfully we talked him out of it.  Sean's egg turned out rather splotchy, probably from picking it up every two seconds and plopping it down in the water.  We took a lot of pictures today so I put them together in a video!  It's a good thing the Easter Bunny may come, otherwise I think these four would be able to pull an all-nighter, and this mama cannot!

Comments

  1. Now that looks like a fun but busy day! You accomplished a lot and I bet the kids enjoyed all of it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for leaving one!

Popular posts from this blog

So tired...

Saying Goodbye...

It's the Honest Scrap!