No Detours this Time! Go Blue!



As I mentioned in a previous post back in January, we got tickets to a Michigan Basketball game from my dad.  We needed to talk to someone about our tickets but the man at the door wouldn't let us in and told us it was a sold out game, so we sold our tickets and headed to watch the game at the bar and later hit the Hands-On Museum in Ann Arbor.  The day ended up being fun, but Z was still crushed since he was the only "Big" not to ever see the Wolverine's play (in person).  My dad wrote to the athletic director (or someone in charge of season tickets or alumni or something) and we got FIVE TICKETS TO THE INDIANA GAME!
For those of you who don't follow college basketball, Indiana is number one!  As a bonus, my dad had his two tickets to that game so he and my brother got to go too!  The kids were so excited and when they got there, Papa got them some new duds to wear at the game! It had been years since I had been back to a game and I couldn't believe how much the place had changed! WOW!
 They had these interactive walls~ like a giant iPad, that you could touch and answer trivia questions... etc.  Even before the game started I knew that this was a special day.  I loved even more though that Papa was with us (even though he didn't SIT with us).  You see, he is a Wolverine (obviously) and my mom is a Buckeye which meant that neither my brother nor I could go to those schools... (it could have caused a divorce). My dad has been working hard on our kids though and at the moment I see a future with a lot of maize and blue... (gulp)

 The first five minutes, Z was up and cheering and so happy!  Everyone (including us) had these fans that made TONS of noise when you hit them.  Z thought they sounded too loud and was not happy.  He also decided he was hungry and so Jeff gave in after a while and went and got him a box of popcorn.
The Bigs were really into the game.  I don't think they took their eyes off the court.  Ali was really into it and asking me all sorts of basketball questions (poor thing... basketball is not my sport but I did my best). We had a wonderful time and it was a great game to watch~ Big time nail-biter!!
My dad and brother came to see us at the half and Z ran right up to my dad and gave him a big hug (of course I didn't have my phone out for a picture, but it's a moment I'll remember in my mind). He told Z he had to cheer louder because he couldn't hear him.  The game was close and I truly thought Michigan was going to pull it off... if only they could have gotten a free throw or a rebound in those last couple minutes, the end of the story would have been so different.  We lost by one.  As it were, the Bigs were crushed... but I don't think anything could have crushed our Z.  He was in heaven! Thank you Papa!  What a wonderful memory!! And GO BLUE!

Mom and Dad, to view the video below bigger, click HERE.




Comments

  1. Sounds like a perfect day. The kids will always remember these events!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Debby! It was such a fun memory making day!! And now that I've written it down I'll always remember it! ;-)

      Delete

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for leaving one!

Popular posts from this blog

So tired...

Saying Goodbye...

It's the Honest Scrap!