Snowman Making
Well, our roads were a mess and the timing was perfect and more importantly this was a WET snow which meant SNOWMEN MAKING!
The Bigs got out right away while I got Sean's stuff on him. Thankfully I had extra boots and snowpants (since I keep all his snow gear at his school). He was chatting my ear off the entire time talking about all the layers he was having on and what he was going to do outside with the "Bigs." By the time I got my own snowpants (and camera) and was ready, the Bigs already had a good start to their snowmen (and Jeff a pretty good dent in shoveling that horribly heavy snow)!
It was fun to watch them... Ali and Joe were all business while Sean followed Z. They "climbed the mountain" (snowdrift)... threw snowballs at trees (to make the snow fall down)... shoveled with Jeff... It was fun to see Z~ both because of what he did and also to see his shadow following him.
All the while, Joe and Al were busy bees rolling out the parts for their snow people. The wonderful thing about wet snow is it isn't quite as cold out, so we were out for quite a while.
Once the Bigs started putting the finishing touches on their snow people, the Littles got excited and wanted in on the action. Z suddenly became upset that HE didn't have a snowman and when I didn't help him right away make his own snowman (I didn't have gloves on), he got quite upset.
Sean didn't feel the need to have his own snowman. He grabbed a carrot nose and tried to stick it in just about any piece of snow he could find. I was shocked that the Bigs weren't getting upset with him (but perhaps they didn't notice). He never was able to get that carrot to stick in~ probably due the the stiff mittens he was wearing (which later ended up on Z's snowman).
Z decided to stop pouting about his snowman and watch his sister put the finishings on her's. He asked her in a sweet voice if she'd help him make a snowman and to my delight, she said "Sure, Buddy!"
Zach started rolling balls (which he actually did quite well all by himself). He'd carry them over for Ali's inspection and she'd place them where they needed to go, adding in 'filler' here and there (and instructing him to do the same).
It was actually sweet to see these two working together. I'd say that out of the four, they have the most interesting relationship... they are best friends one minute~ I mean ridiculously sweet and thoughtful... And then they are screaming at each other the next~ pushing every single button, just to drive the other crazy. What should I expect... they're both 'middle' kids right! (wink)
Sean was so happy to get his gloves off and with the driveway nearly shoveled, he got on his big wheel and tried to pedal (which wasn't too easy in the wet slush, so he ended up using his feet). He didn't stay out too much longer and when Jeff finally finished (his back aching), the two of them went in for some hot chocolate. The Bigs, did some posing with their new friends (and I took pictures as they instructed me)!
| Posing with her "dancer' |
| With Z's Snowman (dressed in "Michigan" colors) |
| Joe's Snowman |
| Ali's Snowgirl |
Ali got upset that Joe gave her snowman "Bunny Ears." I didn't see the big deal, but then it's been a long time since I was 8. I do understand being upset though, so I took a few more. I actually took 163 pictures in all!!! Many of them were so cute that I had to put them together in a video (of course).
| Hot Chocolate with ice cubes in a plastic cup (of course...) |
What a fun day. I love that snowman kit you have. The snowman came out so cute. Such cute pictures and I enjoyed the video too.
ReplyDeleteThanks Debby! I LOVE that snowman kit. I tried to find one this winter for my brother's family and had little luck finding one as cute. I am going to attempt to make my own for next year... we'll see! ;-)
DeleteSo glad that there was finally a day with good packing snow! Looks like the kids had a great time! I love how much fun they have together!
ReplyDeleteME TOO! We're so lucky they get along so well together!!! (I only hope it stays that way through the teen years... gulp!)
Delete