Potty Practice (Funny)


So, having had three children already, I am not the sort that "trains" my children how to use the potty.  It has been my experience (and a lot less painful for me), that the best way is to just wait and follow their lead.  For all of them (the three that are currently embracing the joys of wearing underwear), they decided when they were ready, we didn't have accidents and the 'training' was painless (since there really wasn't any).

I am feeling a little less patient with Sean recently... like maybe I should try to push it more.  I don't know if this is because I see the light at the end of the (almost decade long) tunnel of changing diapers, or because I don't see him having any awareness to what happens in his diaper.

In recent days though, he has been telling us when he's pooped in his diaper so I am starting to feel like maybe this will (one day) happen!!  The other day he was reading one of his favorite books on the potty and it was so cute that I took a video of it.  At 1:40 into the video (I say that for those of you who don't want to listen to his version of Goodnight Moon but may want to see the video that I posted HERE), he has some gas, pauses, looks up at me and says, "Did you hear that mom?"  To me it was hilarious!  Like he finally gets it.

Here's to hoping.  I have him in undies as I type.  I know he'll probably have an accident in them, but my hope is that he'll feel how light and nice they are and be anxious to read more books on the pot.  Like his sibs, he's a bookworm!  Here's to dreaming!

Comments

  1. That's adorable! I hope he catches on real soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! You don't even know!!! I can't imagine missing diapers... ;-)

      Delete

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for leaving one!

Popular posts from this blog

So tired...

Saying Goodbye...

It's the Honest Scrap!