'Miss' Doran

My kindergartner's mouth is always moving, and lately she has taken to sounding just like her beloved teacher. Ali Jane has always been a pro at 'reading the pictures' in her books. She loves reading and being read too. I know the importance of reading to your kids and her vocab has certainly grown from the amount of books we've read together and our discussions (which is why Ali Jane will never say someone lied, but instead say, they 'fibbed'). There are days it is hard to keep from laughing out loud because her stories are so funny- but so serious! She includes dramatic pauses, emphasis on important words and of course a wonderfully natural flow of 'story'.

The other day she was 'reading' to us, (and we can not sit next to her when she reads, she is the teacher and we are the students- she holds the book and we sit below her on the floor just like a class should) when Zach moved a little closer to me and then sat in my lap to enjoy the "teacher's" story.
She saw him.
Paused.
And then she said, "We don't sit on friends' laps in here. You need to move. This is a warning and next time you are going to have to pull a card!" Zach of course had no idea what she was talking about, but I did. She has a management system in her classroom (which I stole) where all students start with a green card. If they need a reminder, they need to 'pull' a card and change it to yellow, and then red, and then the DREADED red with an X card which means a call or note home!!!
Z looked at his sis like she was nuts and scootched back into the best place there is to enjoy a story, his mom's lap!
She looked at him, gave a huge exaggerated sigh, and said, "That's it! Go pull a card! Now!"
Z looked at me again having no idea what his sis (aka the teacher) was telling him.
She said, "Fine! I will just have to do it for you!" And she marched off switching Zach's imaginary card to yellow!
It was so funny.
Thankfully, reading to her 'class' is a common occurance (as is her pupils having to pull a card) and I got it all on video! Of course the video isn't the best we've witnessed, but you do get the idea...





Comments

  1. So cute!! I know several teachers that use that same management system!! I used a variation of it myself when I had my own class.

    You can tell Ali Jane has been read to A LOT! LOVE it! It's so important!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my favorite part was the last 3 seconds of the video...thats not appropriate... hahah

    love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's not appropriate! (so funny) She is definately a teacher in training. My daughter use to play school and read stories like that.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for leaving one!

Popular posts from this blog

So tired...

Saying Goodbye...

It's the Honest Scrap!