I'm a Soccer Mom!


Jeff is a soccer player. He played for years, his dad was an amazing coach and he also played for his college team. Though I know nothing about soccer, I knew the day would come that I would find myself on the sidelines trying to figure everything out. Today was the day.
Of course Jeff was leading worship today and so I packed up all the kids (and lunches) and headed off to church before the games. Though our church is contemporary and very casual it was the FIRST time I have ever worn jeans to church. I had the Bigs dressed in their uniforms complete with shin-guards and socks because those things aren't too easy to get on. Everything went perfectly and we enjoyed church, ate in the car and made it to soccer in time for Ali Jane's game. She was a bit tentative but after a while got into it and became a bit more aggressive. Not bad for her first go.
The Bigs had their first practice on Friday, but of course they have kicked the ball around a lot with their dad in the yard. Jeff was pretty impressed especially with Joe. He would tell me things that he could do (or did well) and of course I had no idea what he was really saying because I don't know soccer lingo... but I'm sure I will learn.
Joe cheered on Ali Jane during her game and even coached a bit from the sidelines. When it was his turn to play he was not nearly as aggressive as he is in our yard. He ran with the kids but like his sis didn't seem to be putting much effort into his play. After hearing us, I think he got into it a bit more and did have some good footwork, passes and such... (see, I'm learning) I'm excited to go to more games and grow with my little soccer players. I know there dad is too!

I couldn't write about soccer without mentioning our Z. One of the best things about soccer is that one of my dear friends, Krista, has her kids in the same league. She has four daughters and one son at home, and during practice Zach had fun playing with 'the ladies'. When he grabbed his ball to go to the game he said he needed to bring it "for the ladies". He started crying when we were inside and I thought he had gotten hurt, but when I finally got him to tell me what had happened, he sobbed, "the ladies don't love me!" (I'm still not sure what prompted this.) It was so funny. Clearly if soccer has beautiful ladies like Krista's gals, Zach (the ladies' man) is all game!

Comments

  1. I love that he even snuck away to come find the ladies, Joe had to drag him back. Having you there makes my Friday nights and Sunday afternoons!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look adorable in their uniforms. How exciting for all of you. You lives will just continue to get busier and busier! You and Jeff are wonderful parents and your children are the luckiest in the world.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Soccer is your family's thing! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute! Kyle is in his first soccer year and my shy boy is not so sure. Like Joey, he's aggressive and great at home, not so much at practice. This too shall pass, right!? Enjoy being a soccer mom! And too cute about Zach :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for leaving one!

Popular posts from this blog

So tired...

Saying Goodbye...

It's the Honest Scrap!