Where did you get those curls?

We are so blessed that my parents get the Bigs on the bus each morning and that two days a week they also watch the Littles. I love hearing about their day, and one of the stories my mom told me recently was certainly blog worthy and one that I want to remember. This story involves the Goose (aka, the silly Goose, Zach) who has been making me laugh so much lately! The other day when I got home with the Littles and Jeff was out with the Bigs, Zach said to me plain as day, "Hey mom? Where are the Bigs?" He makes me smile so much and I think it's funny he's caught on to our laziness in addressing our children (I promise you, we do call them by their names too)...

I digress...

The Littles were at my folks, and my mom was about to bring them back to our house when Z saw one of my parents' neighbors. Z waved 'Hi' to him, but the neighbor didn't see Z. That made Z very sad because he told my mom that he wanted to talk to the man. Well, my mom didn't have a lot of time for a visit so she told Z that he could talk to the man on another day.
As they were pulling out of the driveway, they saw another elderly neighbor getting her mail. Z said he wanted to talk to the lady so my mom rolled down his window and he said "Hello!"

Mrs. H: Why, hello there. How are you?

Z: I'm good.

Mrs. H: You are so cute, tell me, where did you get those curls?

Z: (quiet)

Mrs. H: Did you get them from your mom?

Z: No. (Got that right... mom only WISHES she had curls...)

Mrs. H: Did you get them from your dad?

Z: No. (Actually, you're wrong here Z- daddy has beautiful thick hair and it probably would be curly if he didn't shave it off every time it got too long...)

Mrs. H: Well... where did you get those curls?

Z: I got them at school!
(tee hee hee)

I've always wanted curls... think I'm going to have to ask about them next time I drop the Littles off at school. And I'll bet that Mrs. H is looking forward to another conversation with her new little friend. I think she enjoyed a little chuckle just like I did.



Comments

  1. Angela Sarkesian GrossSeptember 23, 2010 at 7:06 PM

    So sweet Laura!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet story. How cute that he wants to talk with the neighbors. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for leaving one!

Popular posts from this blog

So tired...

Saying Goodbye...

It's the Honest Scrap!