September 15th (Part II)


Joe's birthday celebration actually started with blueberry muffins for breakfast complete with songs of "Happy Birthday" and "Sto lat" from his sibs. I had a doctor's appointment around noon and for some reason decided to BAKE cupcakes in cones and bring them in to Joe's class to celebrate his birthday. I don't know what I was thinking! The cupcakes took so long that I literally had to frost the second batch right after they got out of the oven which gave them a 'melting ice-cream cone' look. Thankfully Joe's classmates didn't mind one bit and ate them all up. It was fun going to his classroom and watching him decide 'how' he wanted them to sing to him... (such an actor!)
After school, we gave Joe our presents and let him open the cards he received from others. It was such fun to hear him read all of his cards (He's doing so well!) and he was so happy with his gifts. I went right off his 'list' so I knew that he would love everything he got him and he did! He spent a lot of time opening and enjoying each present rather than just ripping through them, which I liked.
When we asked Joe what he wanted for his birthday dinner he said, "Ravioli of course"! And since not everyone likes ravioli, we went to Olive Garden. My parents and brother and his family were able to join us as well. I don't know why Joe even looked at the menu, probably just to read some more since he sure is devouring books and anything he can 'unlock the code' of reading with! (Jeff and I can't spell things out at all anymore... maybe we can try ig-pay atin-lay...)
Uncle Dan was excited to hear about how first grade is going for Joe and even more excited about the cool things the gifts he bought for Joe could do! I think sometimes that Danny is more of a kid than the kids are! (Though I have to admit, the toys are pretty cool!)
We all had a great dinner and even Sean had his fill of pasta! Shockingly, our bill was under 100 bucks! (I think this was probably due to the fact that none of the adults had a beverage, but still... very happy about that one!) I even ventured from my usual, 'soup, salad and breadsticks' and got some pasta and salad! YUM!
The kids were great! (We are so lucky to have kids that behave in restaurants.) They had a good time checking out some of Joe's presents with their cousin. Joe had a great day! It is hard for me to believe that he is seven years old already. I close my eyes and I remember the moment I first laid eyes on him. He saved me that day. He amazes me still... Happy Birthday sweet Jonasen!

Comments

  1. Happy Birthday!

    I fear the day when I can no longer do "spell talking"!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a perfect birthday celebration!
    Happy 7th Birthday Jonasen!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for leaving one!

Popular posts from this blog

So tired...

Saying Goodbye...

It's the Honest Scrap!