Partying with Play-Dough

It has been a week! I have a dear friend (who I can't wait to see) coming in to town on Thursday to stay with us. I had a meeting at church for the Christmas program. Craziness at school. (Need I say more?) And on top of all that I made 100 bags of playdough- Yes, I said 100!
The kids' school is having a Halloween festival on Saturday and so I offered to help make playdough. When I saw that no one else had really signed up to make the playdough- I decided to step up and make more... (I know first hand how hard teachers work and if I didn't do it, I knew that one of the teachers would.) After we made the playdough and put them into individual bags, (Yes the kids helped.) Ali Jane sorted the bags into colors and put them in the correct bags.

I wasn't the meanest mom in the world. I made some for them to play with as well. The kids had fun (as they always do) and Joey actually made this cool spider! (Not bad if I do say so myself!) I think that this is Zach's first time playing with playdough- The good thing is, I made it so IF he put it in his mouth, I knew he wouldn't die... The bad thing is, he's going through this phase right now when sees a camera he says eeeeeeee (Cheese) so no action shot with that little man!





Comments

  1. Hearts & Hands Mommy!February 4, 2009 at 3:19 PM

    Here's the recipe' if anyone is interested-
    I usually double it.

    1 1/2 cups water
    2tsp liquid food coloring
    2 Tsp. cooking oil
    2 cups flour
    1/2 cup salt
    4 Tsp. cream of tartar (I don't double it. It drys it out to much)

    In a small bowl, combing water, food coloring, and oil. Set aside. Put flour, salt, and cream of tarter in a large saucepan (I use a pot). Over medium heat, pour that water mixture into the saucepan, stirring constantly. Cook and stir for five minutes , until a ball of dough forms. Cool for 5 minutes then knead it with your hands until smooth.

    I don't follow the detail mixture. I just throw it all in over medium heat and go with it.
    Also, for variety, I add a scent to the water, like peppermint, smell is stimulating to the brain.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for leaving one!

Popular posts from this blog

So tired...

Saying Goodbye...

It's the Honest Scrap!