
Since the time Jonasen was very, very little he has had music in his soul- specifically beats. I remember him drumming with anything he could get his hands on... silverware... pretzelsticks... paint-brushes (messy). Joe's been through not one- but two drum sets- so he was a bit tentative to hit someone else's kit. One of my favorite things to do is to sing with the Praise band at our church. We had rehearsal on Saturday and the kids had to hang out with us because Jeff went to watch Michigan lose to Toledo :-).

The kids actually had a blast- running around the gym with balls and then playing the drums- Little Zach went right up to Mike and he showed him all the different drums. After a little more coaxing- the big kids (a little more shy) got up there for a bit too (but as Joe whispered in true big kid fashion... "I think I'd rather sit on your lap mom.")
very cute ... I am just visiting my blog is called my Little drummer boys -you came up in my google alerts.
ReplyDeleteMy boys (twins 2 years old) love drumming (they have a 15yr brother with drums and now they have his old ones)
One of my twins is always playing air drums too ... with cutlery now and banging on everything.
goodluck !