Friendship

Often I am asked how I keep my faith when I have lived through such tragedy as losing my son. "Where is your God?" people sometimes ask. I believe that throughout my life God has put amazing people into my life when I've needed them most. It was during the grief of Andrew's death that God sent me Lynn. Lynn and I met at a HUGS meeting five years ago. Over those five years we've shared births and deaths- laughter and tears. We met at a time in our lives when we were at the same place at the same time. We were able to find our ways together- to trust God and to discover that whatever we were feeling, be it the same or different, it was o.k., because feelings aren't right or wrong- they simply are. I was so sad when Lynn moved to Tennessee three years ago, but I should have known that distance would not impact our friendship. The women (and men) I have met during HUGS meetings have changed my life and I am convinced that God works in amazing ways. He never gives us more than we can handle and even sends amazing people to help us through dark days.
And on a side note... Lynn's daughter Payton must be one of the best-dressed gals in Tennessee and thanks to her - Ali Jane will be one of the best-dressed gals in Michigan. Thanks for the hand-me-downs! Between Payton and Elsa, Ali Jane is one very lucky little lady!

Comments

  1. Amen, God does put amazing people in our lives.

    I have a friend like that I met online , we both lost our babies in 2004, met in 2005, then both fell pregnant in 2005 ...I found out I was pregnant days before she gave birth at 30weeks. She hands down clothes to my sons too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laura, you are so sweet and always have the right words. I am SO very thankful for you and your friendship!! I had a great time up there visiting...many thanks from the warm weather place (I have my windows open right now!! tee hee!!)
    Love ya!
    Lynn
    p.s. If Payton saw you spell her name that way she would have a hissy fit! We are in Peyton Manning country (he went to Univ. of TN which is in Knoxville) and people down here always ask her if she's named after him! DRIVES HER CRAZY!!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe I did that! What a typo- I did spell it right on the piggy I made for her didn't I?? If not send it back to me ASAP so I can fix that sucker!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for leaving one!

Popular posts from this blog

So tired...

Saying Goodbye...

It's the Honest Scrap!