Running Accident/ Joey's Band Festival
So I've been running Marty lately which is so much fun! I usually go out for my own run and when I get home, instead of walking him, I take him for a short run. We started out with a mile and he's even done a 5k! I'm so proud of him!
One of the mail carriers is so awesome! She saw us and stopped and gave him a treat which he was super happy about. I gave him the treat and turned to run and did something wonky with my ankle- rolled it and MAN did it hurt!!! I tried to run easy (nope) then tried to walk (OMG- that was killing me too!). I was tempted to call and have someone get me but I was only about 5 houses away from our home.
I run every day and the thought of not running was awful and had me down. I iced and elevated and Marty felt so bad. He's a mama's boy anyway but he wouldn't leave my side. I could tell this was going to side-line me for a bit and I also had Joey's festival to go to!! I kept thinking at least it was my left ankle so I could drive!
It became clear that my ankle was worse than I thought. Nana and Papa brought me my old crutches which actually helped a lot and I elevated my foot in the auditorium. Probably not great but it hurt and my boots were clean (promise).
Nana brought her camera which was great but it was so hard to get Joey from where he was sitting. I swear that kid is always hard to spot- or rather I find him but to get a picture is so tough! What's up with that, Joe??? I know you read this regularly!
The band played well and just like with the Orchestra, I was able to get a video of their planned performance that you can listen to by clicking HERE.
As always, they were great (Yes- I'm probably a bit biased). Dad wasn't able to come but Nana and Papa both came and were able to go to the room for the sight-reading portion too (again, no video-taping allowed).
The band did great and scored a I which is the best that you can do! Joe doesn't blow that trumpet as much as he should (probably because he usually has a guitar in his hands) but I still love listening to him play (ALL his instruments). I love my little music man!
And after- I was back to RICE (rest, ice, compression, and elevate) the hardest part being the "R."
Comments
Post a Comment
I love comments! Thanks for leaving one!