Mother's Day


I'm not going to lie... I've never really liked Mother's Day~ not since my "first" year as a mother. My heart hurt for Andrew and each year since even though I am so thankful to be a mom, I always just feel yucky and this year seemed worse than most. Everyone kind of forgot it was Mother's Day and that added to it. Not to mention, one of my favorite mothers isn't here anymore.
I really miss my Nana. I got necklaces with four rings (it's called a four generation necklace) for my mom, Ali and I to wear. We were so lucky to be four generations for so long! I can still hear her voice and I'm still crying for her. I remember her with smiles and the way she used to be but on mother's day it was just a big reminder that she's not here anymore.

The kids felt badly for not really remembering, and I know that. They did make me cards (Z remembered in the morning and woke me up with a card and a hug) and then the Bigs wrote me nice messages on their Instagram accounts. I really did appreciate that too and my day started to turn around.


I just wanted a clean house (of course) but I woke up and cleaned. Al felt bad and I noticed her scrubbing their tub which was nice. I went to Zach's game in a cold downpour and then we went to the Drapals. I didn't take any pictures there but my mood did start to turn around. I hate how I can't control how I feel. It's a weird thing- not right or wrong, it just is. I do know that I really am so grateful to be a mom and to have some amazing kids, an amazing mom and so many years with my amazing Nana.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So tired...

Saying Goodbye...

It's the Honest Scrap!