Animal House!


So just like I joined my "Bearded Support Group," I also joined a "Russian Tortoise Support Group" to be a better mom to Morty. I have been worried about his lack of appetite so took him to the vet where he got a beak trim, nail trim and I learned he had pinworms!! YIKES!!
They said the worms weren't something to worry about and that they'd go away on their own so now I just wait I guess. In the meantime, I've been trying to take him to the lake (free of chemicals) for him to hang out and get some real rays! You'd be surprised how fast a tortoise can go!

I also decided to finally get some new fish. I had a lone bottom feeder left and decided it was time to fill it up again. I love watching our tank so got these beauties!!


And then there's Norbert... I had heard bad things about the carpet I put in there and someone said that sand was the way to go- so what did I do? Got plexiglass cut to the dimensions of his crib, made a little border to keep the sand in and  added some play sand. Norbert was definitely out and about and not sleeping as much as usual. I think he likes it.
I hate that my animals can't talk. I decided to add it to some coco coir like Morty's since... well... he's a reptile too!- And I also put back some carpet. Ugh. I am so indecisive. People think I'm nuts but he is one of my babies! I wish the reptile community could agree on something...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So tired...

Saying Goodbye...

It's the Honest Scrap!