My First Field Trip (as a mom)
I had some mom guilt for sure for not going with the others but I feel like they probably got some perks that Sean hasn't since I'm old and tired now... The bus ride was LONG and the driver had a MAGA hat which seemed an odd choice- I'm not a fan of talking or seeing politics- especially in the current ugly climate.
Being at the capital was weird- I've been there plenty of times from the outside for Ali's dance but this was the first time I got to be on the inside! I was missing Julia- and thinking about our years of walks down there and always wondering what the inside of the capital looked like. I was glad I got to find out.
The neat thing about taking tours is you get so much information. Our tour guide (you could tell) really loved the history of the building and sharing fun stories.
After the capital, we went to the Michigan History Museum which was nice. On the way home, Sean and I worked on THIS video which sums up the day. It was a blast! Who knows- maybe this isn't my LAST field trip (as a mom).
Comments
Post a Comment
I love comments! Thanks for leaving one!