Footloose (weekend 1)


 I was SOOOO excited to see Footloose! Joey has been so talking about it nonstop (since it's taken up all his time) and I couldn't wait to see it put together. Unlike the middle school musicals, I had no "sneak peeks" so this was a total surprise. Auntie Jodi had a sick kiddo at home so wasn't able to make opening night (when I had tickets for us) so Matt became my date. We had a great dinner before and LOVED the show!

I kind of loved the ad I came up with...


On the second night, Ali and I worked the tickets (she gets NJHS hours) and then she left with Jeff and I joined Danny, Steph and the kids in the balcony for show two. 
I have to say the more I see this show, the more I love it. I am amazed at the voices and choreography- the acting- it all came together so nicely! The cool part was I was also able to spot my boy!
He has loved the friendships he made through this. He knew a lot of the people through band and other things but I think he got a lot closer to them all through this.
With Sam (drum major)

It was fun to see him with his friends after the show! This group calls themselves the "Edgy Veggies" and one of them has a connection with one of my former parents. Such a small world. I saw a lot of people at the shows which was neat. I think word-of-mouth spread and people were snatching up those tickets!
 Of course Joey's biggest fans of that second night were the Drapals! Joey was excited to see them and they all had their cowboy boots on! TZ especially fell in love with the show and has been watching the movie Footloose and listening to the soundtrack which I think is ADORABLE! Can't wait for next weekend!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So tired...

Saying Goodbye...

It's the Honest Scrap!