Mary Poppins Jr.



 I am SOOO excited to have kids participating in the musical yet again! This year at CHS, they are doing Mary Poppins Jr.  I think Ali was disappointed at first when she didn't land a "main" role but now that some time has gone by she's super excited!
She was cast as Neleus who is a dancing statue in the park who dances and sings. She actually does A LOT of dancing in this show- including some tapping which she is super excited about! Although she's not dancing at a studio, she's clearly still doing it (which I know she loves).
She's helping choreograph and teach all the cast their parts as well. It's so fun to see her shine in this role and hear how excited the director and other adults are to see her do her thing. I couldn't be more proud of her!
Z is also in the show! And that is a funny story... While Ali wanted a big part, Z was cool with being just a background type- maybe an extra chimney sweep. I even wondered if he could just get put in the cast without auditioning but I was told he should audition.
Little did we know that like his brother, the Goose can sing and was cast as the part of MICHAEL BANKS! Who is a main character and has lots of lines. We were all shocked and all smiles.
Z has had to split his time for the entire month of September and much of October because he was also running cross country. This is one busy kid but I couldn't be more proud of him. He would go to practice and then head to the musical practice. I think I'm going to have to go to every show. I'm so excited! Sean will be a Little in the show too (and is also super pumped).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So tired...

Saying Goodbye...

It's the Honest Scrap!