Visiting Grandma


I love midwinter break! It's about this time when I don't think I can teach another day and a little break from it all is always just what the doctor ordered! We were excited to get up to visit Grandma!
We left around noon (I ran EIGHT MILES in the morning- my longest run so far) and brought Grandma some flowers. She made a WONDERFUL dinner of lasagna, bread and salad (Did you know that Olive Garden sells dressing at Kroger?! Yum!!!). Of course she had delicious desserts too!
The kiddos played games and broke out an old favorite (CANDY LAND!!). It was fun watching them. Jim was able to stop by too and it was good to see him. We didn't leave until late and when we got out, our car was covered in snow!
We had no idea the snow was coming, but boy did it make a mess of things! We called Nana to let out Marty (and she did - THANK YOU!) so we could take it nice and slow on our drive home. We went between 40 and 50 the whole way and saw four accidents which was scary. We were relieved to get home safe. Thankful for our time with Grandma though! She is loved more than she knows!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So tired...

Saying Goodbye...

It's the Honest Scrap!