Giving my People a Heart Attack
Dad helped me out by getting the balloons this year. I told him four but he got 8~ which meant I took four to my classroom and later brought them home for Nana and Papa to surprise them when they got home from their trip.
Dad also got some chips for each kid and I picked up some cupcakes to go with it. I also picked up flowers for the Littles' teachers and some treats for the PTC teachers since the Littles have been going there the last couple weeks.
On Valentine's Day, I had a busy morning- ran my 5K, spent time with the kids, walked Marty, dropped off the Littles at PTC after the Bigs were on their bus and then got to school for our party. I'm still tired thinking about it but I got it done AND my people know again some of the MANY reasons I love them (check out below to see what their hearts said).
Reasons I love you...
Joey...
I am so blown away by your drawings.
Your YouTube art channel is amazing.
You tried something new (choir) and liked it.
You choose soup over junk food.
You keep your room clean (at least we have one).
I love listening to you play piano, guitar (and trumpet too if you'd play it once and a while).
You worked hard to keep up your grade in math.
You have a great friend group who loves you (and they seem like nice kiddos).
You always clean the island or shovel the driveway when asked.
You go outside and play with your brothers (great fort!!).
Ali Jane...
I love watching you on stage (whatever that stage may be).
You tried something out of your comfort box and grew (Religious Diversity).
You are so organized in school (wish I could be like that).
I love listening to you laugh with your dad (he's your first love and that's OK).
Your tapping or singing in the shower makes me smile.
You make pancakes for your brothers on weekends.
I love your comfortable sensible style. You are not a follower.
I love that your friends parents compliment me on your kind heart.
I love your new-found confidence.
Your best is ALWAYS enough.
Zach...
I love watching you run on that soccer field (so fast).
I love that you and Papa are best buddies and that you are forever 7!
I love that you feed the birds!
I adore that you still hug and kiss me when I drop you off at PTC.
You did a rockstar job cleaning that room of yours!
Seeing you sneaking a book with your flashlight makes me smile.
I am so proud of your awesome hard work and results in school.
You are recognized as a kind, sweet boy by teachers, coaches and parents.
You love the great outdoors.
I love your drawings (I miss the flower on the hill).
Seany...
You are the great peace-maker.
You are so loved by teachers, parents, friends, family... EVERYONE!!
You give compliments to everyone more freely than anyone I know.
I am proud when we are out and your kindness is recognized by strangers!
I love how you cheer on teammates and your siblings.
I love listening to you read and laugh at what you're reading.
Have I told you yet? I love you, MORE!!
I love that you're working on those 3s and 7s (or trying your best...).
Thank you for feeding our fish every morning.
Thanks for playing so many games with me (even battleship when you don't really want to).
Jeffy...
You have been, are and always will be my best friend.
You have made your happiness a priority that makes ME happy.
I love your amazing skillz on the guitar and that voice.
I am proud of your original songs.
Thank you for keeping us well fed with good food.
I love that you do the laundry, shop, cook (and so much more).
I love that you encourage me in running and listen to me vent when I need to.
You are a great disc golfer that invites me still (even though I usually pass).
You and I are on the same page on so much. I can't speak so freely with anyone else.
You make me laugh, cry (in good ways) and feel amazing! I'm much too lucky!
Marty...
When you ate those 2 dozen chocolate chip cookies you waited until I let you out to get sick.
You move over when I get into bed so I have space.
You use me as a pillow and let me use you as a pillow.
You always come to greet me with a smile.
You run to your cage and open it when I leave you (with a treat of course).
You don't walk early in the morning which taught me I could run! I love you for that!!
You help clean the dishes when I'm loading the dishwasher.
Thank you for starting the roomba.
You listen to me and understand.
You walk with me (and sometimes Joe, Al, Zach, Sean or Dad join us but it's always you and me).
Comments
Post a Comment
I love comments! Thanks for leaving one!