Zach's Kickin' It!


 Zach was so excited for his first soccer tournament.  It was only about an hour away so we (team) decided against getting a hotel for the night.  On the first day, Joe and Sean ended up staying back with my folks (we thought it would rain) and Al joined Jeff and I to cheer on the Goose!
He didn't start (there was only one sub) but we kind of new that would happen.  He went in shortly after though and played GREAT!  We were so proud of him.  I guess after the game when the coach talked to the team he said Z was "The best hustler in the game."   Goosie was really excited about that!
For as spacey as the Goose can be (and it's A LOT), he is so razor focused in soccer and it's fun to see.  We lucked out having no rain at the actual game but got to drive home in a pretty cool lightning storm.  On the way to the parking lot, Z was running and tripped and skinned up his knees and elbow.  I told him it was battle scars!
The next day we packed up the entire fam and headed out again bright and early.  We packed a cooler full of Propel and Powerade, sunscreen, seats and of course my camera.
Zach started both games the second day and did GREAT!  He did fall (he does that a lot) in the first game and he ripped open his scabs from the night before (sigh).  His coach gave him a bandaid but I could see it flapping in the breeze. It was driving me nuts!
Between games we walked with the team to a pub for lunch but after a while learned that they didn't have pizza (???) and then didn't have enough servers! (???)  We ended up walking back to the fields and someone ran and got Hot and Ready Pizzas (at least it was cheap) and we ate under the pavilion.  It was a fun weekend!


Z's team lost all the games they played but it was fun watching them improve over the three games.  They were the rookie team for sure and we learned that the other teams were a few divisions above our boys who are just starting out.  I'm excited to watch these boys play more.  Loved watching them!

***AND I almost forgot... Went to dinner after the last game with our family and my folks and I GOT CARDED!!!  Only me- and surrounded by my husband, four kids and parents!  I guess she thought I was Ali's sister! HA!  It's been a great summer!!***



Comments

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for leaving one!

Popular posts from this blog

So tired...

Saying Goodbye...

It's the Honest Scrap!