The Senior Tour!


 This weekend Ali's dance studio did the Senior Tour (that's what I called it anyway... ).  They performed at a lot of nursing homes and independent living places.  On Saturday we drove with Amber and her her mom and in between locations we hit a restaurant with other dancers and moms for brunch.  It is so nice to get to know more people since I don't do a lot of the fundraising things the other moms do (mostly because I don't have enough hours in the day).
 While I LOVE watching Ali dance, I found that I also LOVED watching the audience.  Of all the performances that these girls do, I doubt that any other brings such joy to their audiences!  At one location, I actually tried to take pictures of the people.  One man had such a smile on his face that I just wanted to capture it.  I added it in a video that I made, but it doesn't do justice to how happy he really was!
Ali really did well and I am amazed at how much she seems to grow each year!  She really looks (and feels) confident out there.  Her facial expressions were fun and she is definitely getting the musicality in dance (meaning that she FEELS the music and doesn't just go through the steps).  I absolutely LOVE watching her!
 The last stop on Saturday was where my Nan lives!  She was a bit confused when I first found her (I don't think she was expecting me or all those dancers).  I got her a seat front and center and told her many times why the girls (and some boys) were all dressed up as they were warming up.
My Nan would tell you that she has a great memory but it's short (and boy is it ever short...).  It made me a bit sad that when we went up to her apartment (to put up her Christmas tree) that she didn't remember seeing Ali dance.  The good thing is I can show her the video over and over and she will get as much joy out of it as she did watching it in person.
She commented throughout the performance (and didn't speak in a whisper voice as people usually do during performances).  I doubt the dancers minded though because she kept saying things like, "WOW!"  "They are so talented!"  "I was never that good!"  It was really sweet!
At the end of the show, Ali and her friend got to thank the audience for watching them (her friend also had a great-grandma at one of the locations).  What a special treat for Ali and our whole family. Sean even got to watch her dance (and thankfully didn't run out and try to dance with them).  You can see the video by clicking HERE or check it out below.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So tired...

Saying Goodbye...

It's the Honest Scrap!