An Afternoon of Fun



We had a nice warm (34 degree) day earlier in the week.  Jeff took the kids over to my folks to go sledding while I stayed home to paint.  Ali wanted to do a 'Painting with a Twist" type birthday and I thought instead of going there, we could do it right at our house and I could teach the girls something to paint.  She wanted to do a flower so I painted the pink daisy (so that I could teach them how to do one).  It took so little time that I decided to play around and paint a tree.  It was fun and as I went I just played.  I decided it needed some kind of color so added a little cardinal.  I'm really excited about my new paints and can't wait to spend more time "playing."

 As for the kids, they had fun playing too.  Because the weather was warmer, they didn't go on the ice (they didn't want to mess it up) so they went sledding.  My mom was able to get out and snap a few pictures.  My dad said the funniest part was when Sean got to the bottom of the hill and looked at him and said, "Don't try this at home."  I don't know where he comes up with some of the things he says, but he sure knows how to make us smile!  When they got home Jeff told me that HE holds the world record for going the furthest in the sled.  Just goes to show~ you're never too old to play!


Comments

  1. Looks like a fun day of sledding and I love what you have painted. I bet it is very relaxing.....

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for leaving one!

Popular posts from this blog

So tired...

Saying Goodbye...

It's the Honest Scrap!