Ear Piercings!


I remember asking Ali Jane early in the school year if she'd like to get her ear's pierce.  Not that I thought she should, but I recall getting mine done in 3rd grade and I knew she was at an age where she could take care of them. She looked and me and said, "I think I'm going to wait until I'm in 5th grade."
Earlier this week she started talking about pierced ears~ a character in her book had gotten them pierced, her best friend had the 'most adorable pair of earrings' on the other day...  I looked at her and said, "Ali, would you like to get your ears pierced?"  She smiled and said, "I think so..."
We looked up some things on the internet.  I told her how they do it and we watched a video of a 6 year old getting her ears pierced.  Ali still liked the idea, so after swim lessons we picked up my mom, my best friend (also Ali's Godmother) and were on our way for a Girls Afternoon out!
 Of course we chose the busiest shopping day of the year to go. The mall was packed but I was lucky to find a parking spot right away!  Ali picked out her earrings and looked really nervous in the chair.  She did a good job though.  There was no crying or screaming but she did feel really sick after she got them pierced.  She just wanted to sit down and she looked a bit pale.  I suggested that she have the sucker the lady gave her (she had breakfast but then went swimming and hadn't had lunch yet).
Once she had some sugar, she perked up and started looking like herself again.  She was so pleased and happy!  We decided to go to lunch (Olive Garden~ Her choice), but first there was one more person who was getting her ears pierced.
 My mom decided to get second holes (since she says her earlobes are getting old and saggy~ she's so funny).  The first time she got them pierced was with her friend, some ice, alcohol and a needle (she was in her 20s).  I think this was probably a lot easier~ and bonus... she's giving Ali the earrings when she takes them out in six weeks!

If you want to see the moment Ali's ears were pierce, check this VIDEO. 

Comments

  1. What an awesome way to celebrate her ear piercing with your mom and her Godmother. Way to go Ali !

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for leaving one!

Popular posts from this blog

So tired...

Saying Goodbye...

It's the Honest Scrap!