With Valentine's Day around the corner... (well as I type this, it's tomorrow)- we've been busy around these parts getting ready! Jeff took the Bigs to the store to pick out some Valentines because this year they decided that they wanted to buy their cards instead of make them. It was fun watching them address their Valentines. They both separated them and chose the perfect Valentine for each student (Ali chuckled thinking what the boys would think of her 'princess' cards.
Ali Jane also had to make a box for her party to collect her Valentines. I wrapped the box with wrapping paper for her and cut the slit, but everything else she did herself. She was very excited that I let her touch my beloved Cricut to cut the letters for her name and she loved using the rubber cement. Joe didn't have to make a box for his class this year, but being the creative soul that he is, he made one anyway... (You can kind of see the transformer box he made in the background- I didn't think to take a picture of it). Thankfully a few days later, the Bigs DID make some home-made Valentines for their teachers. Again I let them use my Cricut to cut out heart cards but then they went to work decorating them. They used mostly stickers and crayons (bad mom didn't feel like getting out the glitter and paints). There is something about homemade cards that I think is so sweet.
Ali Jane got better at the rubber cement but just to be sure she wrote on the white inside of her card before gluing the pieces together. She made one for her teacher and for the parapro in her classroom. She did a great job and wrote her own special messages to them without any help from me (or her brother). She has turned into quite the writer (again I am so amazed what little readers and writers my kids have turned into-especially now that I am teaching children their ages)!
Joe has two teachers this year and so he made them each a special Valentine. I thought it was sweet how he drew a picture on his math teacher's card that was specific to math and his notes inside the cards were sweet too- regular little letters.
I did take a picture of Ali Jane's finished box before she brought it to school. She cut up some of her left over Valentines to add princess pictures to her box. She also added 'diamonds', stickers, pom-poms, and puffy paint. She was so excited about her creation and couldn't wait to bring it to school to show off what she did!
I love that they still do Valentine's in school. I remember doing them with my children. So much fun. Hope you all have a wonderful Valentine's Day. They did such a great job!
It's getting to me... I don't know if it's the sleep deprivation or the crazy schedule of being a full time working mom and having four kids at home... but it's getting to me. I am so tired. Last night I was up at midnight with Sean, then at 2:30 with Joe who was sick and threw up, I got back to bed at 3 and slept for 15 minutes until Sean woke up again. I let him cry for 45 MINUTES until I could take it no more, staggered into his room and nursed him. And then I was up before six to start my day which looks something like this.. Wake up, shower, get ready for work prior to kids waking up... (praying that they don't wake up) then waking the bigs who can dress themselves, and getting Zach changed and dressed, then downstairs to make breakfast for three bigs while putting together pump parts to take to school (that were drying over-night), clean up from breakfast, meds for Zach which now include a breathing treatment (from last Tuesday's doc apt), shoes on a...
Well, we knew this day would come. Prayed that it would be clear and it was. On Sunday night I laid with Cobi as I have (more so in recent weeks). He asked to go outside at one point and he was out longer than usual. I called for him to come inside and he didn't come. I had been cleaning the kitchen and I thought perhaps I had let him inside. My brain isn't the best. I ran upstairs and to all his favorite places, but he was nowhere to be found. I grabbed my shoes, wrapped my arms around me and went out to the cold calling for my baby, in a panic. He came to me slowly from out in the darkness and when we got inside I sat with him, wrapped my arms around him and cried. As promised. He had told me. This was it. Somehow I went to school and made the call. The last appointment of the day was at 5:20pm and since Joey wasn't getting home until 6:00, I took it as a consult and then also booked the first appointment for t...
So some of you know that I have two blogs. This blog- which has reflected on my day to day adventures with my living children, things I love and the occasional "Pause" blog where I remember my angels. My other blog (That I refer to as my 'Pause' blog) has been an entire blog about my angels-a therapy to me in a sense- how they've changed me, restored me and helped me. I have met a huge community of mothers who have lost children and have been nominated by two of them for this Honest Scrap award (for my 'Pause' blog) The idea is similar to the last 'award' I wrote about, my new friends stated in their blogs that: The award is about bloggers who post from their heart, who write from the depths of their soul. In order to accept the award I must nominate seven fellow bloggers as recipients, and then list ten honest and interesting things about myself. So- although I was nominated on 'Pause'- I'm writing on 'Days' because I have sh...
Love the homemade cards! Happy Valentine's Day, Doran family!
ReplyDeleteI love that they still do Valentine's in school. I remember doing them with my children.
ReplyDeleteSo much fun. Hope you all have a wonderful Valentine's Day. They did such a great job!
awww I love valentines :) Kyndra made me one and I loved it! I can't wait to help her with valentines for school
ReplyDelete