The Dancing Bug

The other day I was singing at church with the sweetest gal. We were chatting when I learned that she dances at the studio I danced at when I was young (she's a bit younger than I). It brought back all sorts of memories of competitions, recitals, conventions... When she asked when I danced, I thought for a moment and realized it's been nearly 25 years! That seems such a long time for someone so young (wink). I still tap when rehearsing with the band at church, in my kitchen and in the grocery store... I'm seriously contemplating taking a tap class next year (for fun of course- no recitals please) and looking for someone to take the plunge with me so I don't feel quite so foolish (because maybe I'm not as young as I think).
The dancing bug was bigger today when we were invited in Ali Jane's class to tape her ballet routine. She has already told me that she would like to take tap next year AND ballet and I can't help but get excited about that. I can't wait for her recital and until then I do enjoy watching her practice (and even practice with her a little).
We have had such a busy week. The Bigs and I are enjoying our midwinter break while Jeff works. Tomorrow it's off to the grocery store with the four kiddos and myself for some tap-dancing down the aisles... what with four I figure most people look at me like I'm crazy anyway- and they're probably a little right- If they're really lucky and I have a song in my head, they'll probably hear some singing too... "Every girl can be a princess..." (Gosh Ali Jane is in trouble... I thought my mom embarrassed me!)

Comments

  1. Ali Jane, you are such a beautiful dancer - so graceful. You must take after your Nana! We loved watching the video. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How adorable, and what a beautiful princess! Grandma Judy

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for leaving one!

Popular posts from this blog

So tired...

Saying Goodbye...

It's the Honest Scrap!