
Today was Jeff's birthday and we had a great time celebrating. He normally gets up with the kids and does breakfast, but today I did! Ali Jane was surprised that I knew how to make pancakes (little did she know I was the one who taught daddy how to make them- I am just not a morning person)! Zach helped me and everyone gobbled them up- including Sean who LOVED the blueberries!

After breakfast we spent time hanging out and the
Bigs made cute cards for Jeff with the sweetest notes in them! After Sean's morning nap, we went to a local brewery that we love for lunch! My parents joined us and bought Jeff a lifetime membership to the 'Mug Club' which means he gets special deals throughout the year on his favorite ales and
munchies. The kids were great and everyone loved their food.

After lunch, it was time to open presents. Jeff already knew what I was getting him so the two other gifts I gave him (a grill cover and special grill tool) were not a surprise. I then handed over the laptop so he could see a picture of the grill I bought him (which will be in tomorrow) and he was pretty excited. It was a bit expensive but he LOVES to cook and I figured we will all benefit from this gift. He's been flipping through books to decide what to make first.

After presents, we sang and ate
Oreo cake and ice cream. Surprisingly, my 'dollar-store' candles again flared back up after he blew them out. This happened once before and I still don't get it... The
Bigs were a bit upset that they couldn't pull out the 35 candles and lick them because they would suddenly spark back to life. I filled a bowl with water and Jeff and I removed all the candles and thankfully the house didn't burn down from all those flames!

In the evening, my folks came over and watched the kids so Jeff and I could go to a Tiger game with our good friends Jen and Chris. They drove us in their new Ford Flex. We're Chrysler people (with my sister-in-law working for them) but this car was wonderful! Like my mini-van, it had pedals that come to you. Perfect for vertically challenged people like Jen and I.

Though the Tigers weren't so hot, we had a great time and enjoyed the game, a hot-dog and a beer with our dear friends (and with the way Chris drives- we were happy to have had that beer! tee
hee)! Of course I forgot to take my camera into the game, so we snapped some pics on the way home. I'd say Jeff had a great birthday and on the menu for tomorrow... shrimp on the barbie! YUM!
Happy Birthday Jeff. Sounds like a smooth move buying that grill. What a smart girl your mom and dad raised!!!! Good day was had by all. Hugs to you all. Grandma Judy
ReplyDeleteThat is so cool 8-9-10!!! Looks like the perfect celebration and some great gifts.
ReplyDeleteI just love your family and how wonderful to have couple friends to go out with. I miss that, we had many in Chicago.