Pizza?? On the Grill???


Thankfully I married a man that can cook! Getting Jeff a new grill for his birthday was perhaps the best gift I've ever gotten... errr... I mean, given! We've had every meal since his birthday on this grill and today we decided to try yet another 'something new'... we made pizzas!
They were way easier than I thought they would be. The prep for them (cutting up all the fixin's) was what took the longest. The Bigs of course chose just sauce, cheese and pepperoni- where Jeff and I had grilled onions, mushrooms, garlic, tomatoes and ham.
The dough was a little sticky and we weren't sure if it would turn out but we figured if it didn't, we could always order take-out. Thankfully not only did they turn out, they were delicious! The Bigs came back for more and Sean LOVED it! I think that Pele' and Cobi were also quite excited by this meal. They didn't quite know where to go because the Bigs wanted to eat at their own table. They played it wise I think... they started out with the Bigs and then realized that Sean was still their favorite. (He drops the most!)

I don't know how good they look but they tasted amazing! Pizza on the grill is the way to go!
The Bigs and Z were also excited because I let them have a 'pop'! I bought these little mini cans for the occasion. Only one person actually drank all of their can, but since they cleared their spots, I wasn't sure who it was. It was also sweet because they prayed before they ate. (I think Cobi and Pele' were praying too... but perhaps they were 'asking' God for something instead of 'thanking' Him...)
Sean loved the grilled pizza!
Pele' thinks that if he looks at the food long enough, maybe somehow it will move over to where he is.
Cobi on the other hand never makes eye contact with the 'eater'. He just watches the food until it (hopefully) makes it's way to his mouth. And yes, I think they got a small taste... they bet right going with Sean...

Comments

  1. Angela Sarkesian GrossAugust 17, 2010 at 8:20 PM

    Awesome birthday present Laura!! My hubby would be soooo Jealous!! He loves to grill too!! Grilling pizza dough is soooo yummy! As long as you brush the grill with olive oil they grill up beautifully. I know this because I used to be a prep cook at "It's a matter of taste" (when it was still in the little white building) and that's what they used to make their grilled chicken ceaser sandwich wraps.....there's a tip for you, now Jeff can make sandwiches!!! :) Beautiful pictures as usual!! Great memories for the kids too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those pizzas are beautiful! You just reminded me that I want to make grilled pizza this summer--I keep forgetting. I've had it once, like TEN years ago, and I still remember how yummy it was. We just got a grill this year for the first time, so I can finally make it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun dinner!!! I especially like the pics of the doggies waiting longingly for a morsel or two!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We had grilled pizza recently too and they were great! Btw, I'm told you can buy the dough from local pizza places and then do the rest yourself. I haven't tried that but it would be very easy and still inexpensive.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your dogs look like my dog! Right there with the food! lol

    I've heard of doing the pizza on the grill and I think it sounds so good. Now I'm hungry for pizza!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a beautiful grill. The pizza looks delicious, what a great idea. Have a wonderful weekend grilling!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for leaving one!

Popular posts from this blog

So tired...

Saying Goodbye...

It's the Honest Scrap!